WorldBoston is hiring a Manager of Operations and Global Education Programs! This is an outstanding opportunity to grow a career in community outreach, communications, and nonprofit management, with an international focus.
The Manager of Operations and Global Education Programs oversees WorldBoston programs serving our local community, which includes business, academia, young professionals, high school students, local diplomats and foreign representatives, and internationally-minded individuals throughout the region. Responsibilities include creating and managing 40+ speaker events annually, overseeing WorldBoston’s flagship youth program Academic WorldQuest, and working with partners to co-host numerous other events throughout the year. This work involves identifying compelling topics, recruiting expert speakers, securing venues, and building audiences. Responsibilities also include managing the organization’s communications and marketing, including outreach and social media. The Manager should be motivated by creating new connections and advancing WorldBoston’s reach, effectiveness, and visibility. This position is part of a management team overseeing interns, volunteers, and vendors.
This Manager also oversees key internal operational functions of WorldBoston, including office management, interfacing with WorldBoston’s IT consultant, and online ticket sales, memberships, etc. Additional features of this position include:
- Creating clear and visually appealing newsletters to advertise WorldBoston events, using email marketing software
- Overseeing WorldBoston’s social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Keeping our website up-to-date
- Working with the President and other staff to maintain visibility on WorldBoston membership, event payments, and other critical operational elements
- Providing support to other programs involving international visitors, and to new programs as necessary
- Drafting grant proposals for existing and future global education-focused programs, and implementing them as necessary.
The successful candidate will bring the following qualities to the team:
- Superior attention to detail and motivation for outstanding performance
- Initiative and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration in a lively team environment
- Ability to attract and interact well with participants and stakeholders from diverse local and international communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel (required); experience with Squarespace (or similar website editor), QuickBooks, and desktop publishing software (e.g. Publisher, Canva) a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, international affairs, nonprofit administration, or related field
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience; examples of relevant experience include, but are not limited to, community outreach, organizing events, and small office management, including management of interns
- Passion for international affairs and nonprofit excellence
- Personal goals to grow and take on new responsibilities in a small team atmosphere
- Motivation to advance a mission-driven organization
- Ability to lift items up to 25 lbs.
- Availability to staff scheduled evening programs
Ready to join the WorldBoston team? Please email a resume and covering note to email@example.com. No telephone calls or inquiries, please.